Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Speaking of bombshells...

I dropped one the other day...
No longer a dark ominous cloud looming overhead, making it too dark to see clearly and pouring out its storms over my life whenever the winds change. Hard and deep it fell...
riping a hole through the already stark landscape. The rippling waves of power killing off what was left of the destructive locus who fed on what was once rich vegetation. It did not pause to spare the the shell of what was built long ago... knocking down the walls once filled with love and life and laughter. And as I sat staring at the destruction I myself had caused I felt a peace come out of the darkness. A light shining over that which was now laid bare. There out of the debris like a beacon among the waste was the foundation upon which the house was built. And a peace settled across the land, the foundation glistening in the dawn of a new day, bringing with it the hope of the restoration that would come with hard work and determination.

3 comments:

rachel said...

thank God for hope, eh?

Love you girl. Keep on holding on.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you Colleen.

Brenda

Angie said...

I found your blogs! Hope you're having a good time on your trip. Missed you this morning.